I have so much time off, I can do practically anything that I want....including lay out by the pool during the summer, do odd jobs for people in the neighborhood, go meet someone for lunch, etc.
Right now, as I type this, I am enjoying a luxury that happens once every 6 months. It is known as a DOUBLE KELLY. I have explained earlier what a Kelly Day was. Well, a double kelly is just that...2 kelly days in a row. So here is my schedule....
15th: Work
16th: Off
17th: Off
18th: Kelly (Off with pay)
19th: Off
20th: Off
21st: Kelly (Off with pay)
22nd: Off
23rd: Off
24th: Work
That's right....as you are probably by now counting the number of days I have off, I have 8 days off in a row.
Another luxury that I have is the opportunity to join the IAFF, or International Association of Firefighters. It is a Union that represents the Firefighters through lobbying, legal counsel, sponsorship during events and competitions, etc. With membership, I am entitled to (and have now received) IAFF Professional Firefighter license plates. While these tell others that I am a IAFF member and a professional firefighter, my hope is that they tell local law enforcement to leave me alone or cut me some slack. Hopefully I do not have to test that theory.......

(I didn't actually post my license plate number, it has been changed)
No comments:
Post a Comment