We spent some time driving around our first due and went up into the mountains. We were navigating through vary tight, windy roads that you must be very careful while traversing. At the top of the hill, we spent approximately 15 minutes trying to perform a 3 point turn to position the apparatus to pull back down the mountain. While up there, we had a beautiful view of the county and parts of DC in the distance.
Here is a picture of our view (DOWN) the mountain....it's hard to tell just how steep it is, but the driver was very happy when we were at the bottom.

I also spent some time creating a new assignment board to use in the bay. Every day, someone would write on the board where every person would be riding and what their assignment would be. And every day, it would be some form of illegible chicken scratch. Finally, I decided to do something about it. Using some printed paper, laminating sheets, and magnets, I was able to come up with this (The finished product is much nicer...it is laid out in a nice neat manner on the wipe board. This picture is for demonstration purposes only):

On the way home, I had a great laugh. I was driving past a dump truck when I noticed a sign on the side indicating "NO TRASH"....but unfortunately for them, they did not have spell check. Their sign really read "NO TRAHS"
No comments:
Post a Comment