It's the phrase that is repeated in the 1984 self-titled hit, and recently has become the theme for Geico's advertising campaign. We were sitting in the kitchen after breakfast, and the commercial came on. Captain apparently became inspired and decided to try out his artistic ability.....
Geico original:

Captain's depiction:

I was assigned to the Medic Unit today in order to start my BLS (Basic Life Support) Internship and also to be turned over as a driver on the Medic. In some instances, I may be riding on the engine and when we arrive on a call, they may have me take over and drive the Medic Unit to the hospital while the two Medics work the patient in the back. In order to do so, I have to spend some time doing both non-emergency and emergency driving....as well as street familiarization and major running routes. After all, just because I can drive does no one any good if I have no clue where I am going!!!
It was a VERY SLOW shift. We did not run a single call. I did get to take the Medic Unit out for a bit though, we had to go to the grocery store for milk. I spent a decent amount of time in the kitchen today, as I prepared both lunch and dinner.
In the middle of the day, we got a visit from one of the neighbors, who was very pleased to have us so close. (Not all of the residents are happy that our station is located right in the backyard of their $500K-$1M houses.) She had a very "bubbly" personality...the type that would get annoying after just a few minutes...as she seemed to be bouncing off the walls with excitement about anything and everything (OOOH LOOK, A SHINY OBJECT!!). We told her to go home.....
......and get her children and we would show them around and give them a tour of the station. In appreciation of the Fire Department, she baked a vanilla frosted chocolate cake for the Station. A very nice gesture and definitely the right way to get the Station on your good side.
The day's menu:
LUNCH:
Entree:
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Side:
Jasmine Rice
Dessert:
Brownies with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips (Compliments of JT)
DINNER:
Entree:
Beef Sandwiches
Sides:
Corn
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
Dessert:
Cake (Provided by one of the neighbors)
Everyone was very impressed with the meals. I am not sure if they thought I couldn't cook......but they were pleased with the results, as everyone had at least seconds.
1 comment:
Glad to hear all the meals turned out well!
Post a Comment