Sunday, September 7, 2008

Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K Run

On September 6, 2008, we participated in the Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K Run.

There were originally about 35 recruits that had signed up to run, but due to Tropical Storm Hanna passing through and some of the recruits no longer being with the Dept., only about 12 of the recruits showed up to participate.

Our team was made up of recruits and some of the career firefighters in the Dept. I am happy to say that we (as a Dept.) came in first place for the Firefighter Division. One of our runners was also first place overall for firefighters (he ran the 5K in 18:36).

I am happy with my performance, although I did have to slow down to a walk for a very brief period. I completed the run in 23:50, with an overall 302 place (out of 2009). In the firefighter division, I was 30 place (of 105). Only 2 other recruits from my class finished ahead of me (by about 50 seconds).

No comments: