Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week 15: Day 4

Fire Midterm Practicals

We sat in the class until our team was called to test. I was assigned a "ghost partner" since it was an odd number of people. My partner tested early in the day with his partner, and then tested with me only to assist. He was not being graded with me. Since my partner was going through twice, I was the last person to go through in order to allow him ample time to rest in between. So I sat ALL DAY from 0700 until 1500 when I was finally called to test.

The test was about an hour long after all was said and done. After the test was done, we were called into the cafeteria to meet with the instructors to discuss our performance. I had just finished my test and showered when I decided to grab a quick bite before heading into the classroom. I turned the corner into the cafeteria to be greeted by about 6 instructors sitting at the table. Since I was standing right there in front of them, they decided they would speak with me first. I passed ALL of my practicals on the first try. (I was 1 of 2 people to do this, out of 17 that tested). I scored a perfect 100 on every single portion of the test.

At the end of the day, we learned that 15 people had failed at least 1 portion of the test and would have to retest on Friday.

No comments: