Hazmat is officially over and I am certified as a Hazmat Responder / Operations.
We setup and went through a full decontamination (DECON) scenario. I was dressed in full gear and breathing air and then moved through all the steps of DECON. I first went into a shower to rinse off any "gross decontamination." My gear was soaked, but I was completely dry. Then I moved onto the next step which was a soap and rinse. At this point, I had two people with brushes and soap scrubbing me down. I felt like I was going through a car wash, with the soapy brush going across my face piece just like the one would go across your windshield, leaving you a nice soapy view of what is going on. Then they sprayed me down with a shower-head type wand. At this point, the water absorbed in through my hood and ran down the inside making me completely drenched. I then was stripped of my gear and moved into a "personal shower" where I would then wash myself in privacy and strip my clothes and put on fresh/clean clothing.
At the end of the day, we took our test. I am happy to say that I scored a 98%. The one question I missed was very poorly worded....
Week 17 is complete.....time is quickly coming to an end.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment